Ang Larawan Removed From Most Cinemas
- December 27, 2017
- INSIDESHOWBIZ.PH TEAM
Filipinos always look forward to the Metro Manila Film Festival or MMFF to the point that it has become a part of families’ Christmas celebrations. With royalties like Vice Ganda, Coco Martin and Vic Sotto as yearly participants whose entries often always hit blockbuster, MMFF is one of the most coveted film festivals of the country. Though the annual film festival was held a little differently last year, this year marks the comeback of big mainstream cinema as its official entries. Naturally, this sparked a lot of buzz on social media again garnering mixed reactions from the netizens.
Related: Which MMFF Movie Will Dominate the Box Office?
According to a statement posted by the MMFF Execom Public Relations head and spokesperson Noel Ferrer, this year’s festival has already surpassed the first and second day grosses of MMFF 2015 and also tripled the foot traffic and box office sales of MMFF 2016. Though MMFF decided not to release the specific figures and rankings, reports say that Gandarrapido: The Revenger Squad and Ang Panday were among the movies that did exceptionally well.
MMFF 2017 SETS A NEW RECORD AS THE HIGHEST 1ST & 2ND DAY GROSS This year’s Metro Manila Film Festival broke box-office records as it surpassed the 2015 first and second day gross sales. It also tripled the foot traffic to the theaters from last year. “The big achievement is bringing back our kababayans to the theaters. It took quite some time before we saw this kind of enthusiasm once again from the Filipino viewers,” said MMFF Execom Chair Tim Orbos. From the Parade Of Stars in Muntinlupa to the post Holiday theater tours, people have flocked to the theaters once more to support the all-Filipino film line up that went through gruelling screening from an esteemed Selection Committee headed by no less than National Artist Bienvenido Lumbera. Now that we have the audience and the revenues back on track, we are committed to continue supporting quality productions that would satisfy and enrich our general film audiences. #MMFF2017 #mabuhayangpelikulangpilipino🎬🎥
However, official entry Ang Larawan caused a huge buzz on social media when composer of songs used in the musical Ryan Cayabyab tweeted how they “lost a list of cinemas to better performing films.”
Ang Larawan lost the following cinemas to better performing films at the tills. Just saying. Thanks to everyone who supported the film. Meron pa rin namang ibang sinehan. Try to catch it! 😊😊😊 pic.twitter.com/3sQz0mWraR
— Ryan Cayabyab (@ryancayabyab) December 26, 2017
Ang Larawan cast member Aicelle Santos, also took to Twitter to post a list of cinemas who were left showing the film.
Only Cinemas left showing ANG LARAWAN. Gooo na!! Watch it before they kill this beautiful masterpiece out of the theaters! Lezzgoo!👊🏽🤗
— Aicelle Santos (@aicellesantosme) December 26, 2017
However, it was said and confirmed by MMFF Execom Public Relations head and spokesperson Noel Ferrer that the producers of the film along with the cinemas have discussed this matter and came to a mutual decision to give the slot of the movie to other entries doing better specifically at some areas. The movie is said to be brought back to cinemas by January 1, 2018.
Have you watched any of the entries yet? What is your take on this?